On 04/03/2017 10:00 AM, Chuck Hast wrote:
> This machine I am using was a Free Geek machine, it had Linux Mint on it, I
> tried it and it was pretty good, but I had some issues after running it for
> a while,

The only annoyance I recall from my old laptop was not having
<ctrl><alt>t open a terminal. I'm sure I could have figured out how to
create a shortcut for it, but I didn't use it often enough to take the
time. I used to use that laptop in the living room to feed sound to the
stereo, but it developed a buzz. I'll probably find another use for it
one of these days, but for now it's in the closet, and the Lenovo 200
tablet/laptop is serving the audio function.

Does <ctrl><alt>t open a terminal in Ubuntu MATE?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens