If you decide to go for used thikpad X2x0 laptop. I cannot recommend
anything older than x220/x230 for many reasons - performance, power
consumption, too old architecture and age (you would be buying almost 10
years old laptop).

In used Thinkpads, there is pretty awesome selection on Newegg Outlet.
Example for 2 years old x250:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=X250&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

You could get refurbished x250 for about $350 and over time upgrade RAM and
replace hard drive with SSD. You should be able to get at least 3 more
years out of that laptop.

For new item in around $200 - you can look into HP Stream 11. It works
great with Linux and it is sturdy with good battery life. However it
doesn't have enough storage to run both Linux and windows, and it is not
upgradable. The only way to add storage is to use SD card or USB stick.

For $200 and decent hardware, you will have to make significant compromises
unless you give up Windows or Linux.

Tomas