A few comments on this topic:
1. I got a dual fuel generator because of the problems with gasoline
carburetors - apparently you have to clean them out after each use.
Not so with propane.

2. The output waveform is kinda crappy - lots of high frequency trash
on top of a not too good sine wave. This waveform is BETTER than the
three level square wave that comes from most UPS and power inverters
which usually is a 165v square wave with zero volt times to make the rms 115v.

3. I made up a power loss detector and line changeover switch to turn
a 12v to 115v inverter on and switch the load to it. Simple 3PDT
relay with held in with power line. When the line goes away, two
contacts switch the power line and the third shunt across the
inverter power switch. The switchover is too slow for some computers
which was solved with a bottom line (ie: cheap) UPS for that computer.

3a. I really should do a proper design for a power loss detector to
switch the inverter ON and power line changeover switch.

4. Check the inverter current consumption when turned OFF - many draw
significant power when off.

5. Once you have 12v battery power, you can add as many batteries as
desired for  long run times and get a battery charger to run off of
the generator.

6. I am using a pair of 12v deep cycle marine batteries of about 100
Ahr. Since these are expected to only cycle once every few years,
ordinary auto batteries may have been a better choice.

I am not convinced of the value of replacing wall warts with step
down or step up converters because of the issue of ground isolation
(or not) and some that put out ac. Plus any power efficiencies may
not be worth the cost and hassle compared to buying another 12v battery.

thanks
JK