On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 23:03:04 -0700
Robert Citek <robert.ci...@gmail.com> dijo:

>I believe Wes is suggesting that the filesystem on /tmp/ may be
>running low on disk space.  Can you post the output of running this
>command?
>
>$ df -hTPl -x tmpfs

jjj@Devil-Bonobo:/media/jjj/128GB$ df -hTPl -x tmpfs
Filesystem     Type      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev           devtmpfs  7.9G  4.0K  7.9G   1% /dev
/dev/sdb1      ext4       23G   22G     0 100% /
/dev/sdb2      ext4      321G  216G   89G  71% /home
/dev/sdd1      ext4       11T  4.2T  6.2T  41% /media/jjj/Movies
/dev/sdc1      ext4      118G  9.7G  102G   9% /media/jjj/128GB

Now I see what Wes meant.  Apparently the system has no free space. I
have some free space on the main drive which I had planned to add to
the root partition. I can see a project for the Clinic this afternoon.
I will be sure to bring a copy of the latest bootable Gparted.

In the meantime commands work if I type the path completely.