I too supply random B-dates and location if required. This is in a hope
that it will prevent matching me to the other clones.

Do not forget to note the random personal bits and pieces as to be able to
complete later "security" challenges.

I use KDE, so I need to configure the sound device priorities for
communication apps correctly. Without that the sound/mic would not come out
of the headset.

Occasionally, when the sound does not work, I resort to pavucontrol to
select the right sound device routing. Other than that things just work for
me .... beside having too low volume and not realizing it, the terrible
not-intuitive user interface....

-T