> Okay. I did make some effort to find out more details before posting to
> PLUG, but didn't know about the sites you list.

It's not my intention to be a jerk-face about this stuff. I just googled
the guy's name and wpa2 vulnerability to find those other info sources.

I personally find security & privacy very interesting and extremely
relevant in today's world. I don't always have the time, energy nor
technical aptitude to make sense out of it all. However, I do believe we
are better served by making a reasonable effort to share the best info
we can and learn what we can so we can have informed and even enjoyable
conversations that help us all become better digital denizens.

I often listen to the Security Now Podcast and Last Spring I attended a
Priv & Sec presentation. It wasn't one of these that are currently on
Calagator listed below. What I quickly realized is that as the amount of
sw and the level of connectivity between sw & devices increases so will
the attack surface to the point of exhaustion, frustration and
potentially insanity.

I take reasonable and responsible priv & sec measures. However, at the
end of the day I think more about what are the repercussions and
recourse when the proverbial matter hits the fan. Good luck!

Calagator Sec & Priv Events:
(http://calagator.org/events/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=privacy)
Monday
Oct 16  Controlling Your Online Privacy
<http://calagator.org/events/1250472654>
6–8pmNorthwest Academy <http://calagator.org/venues/202395694>
Saturday
Oct 21  Intermediate Digital Privacy & Safety
<http://calagator.org/events/1250472638>
1–3pmFree Geek <http://calagator.org/venues/202389965>

Thursday
Oct 26  Intro to Digital Privacy & Safety
<http://calagator.org/events/1250472636>
10:30am–12:30pmFree Geek <http://calagator.org/venues/202389965>