What are folks preferences for Virtual Box over VMware?

I run Virtual Box on my Ubuntu MATE 16.04 machine. I'm having problems
with the one program for which I need winders, Gear Player 4. On my
older Ubuntu 14.04 machine (using whatever they called that iteration of
Gnome fall back) I never had problems with variable audio playback. On
this machine, I can listen to a phrase once, go back and listen to it
again, and sometimes a whole word is missed. Also, as time goes along
(about 20 minutes), the sound quality gets worse. The reason I use Gear
Player is that it's audio quality is superior to other tools. Perhaps
it's because they use Dolby somewhere in their code. But, until I
started using this newer machine, it's not as good as before.

Anyway, one recommendation I had was to switch to VMware. Hence my
question to the group, which virtual machine tool do you prefer for
running Win7?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens