None of this is news. That entire blog post looks like it written to appeal to
someone who spent the last 30 years not asking how the internet works then
freaking out after realizing what is possible. No joke, I read the following
quote from that article and nearly fell out of my chair.

"What’s ironic about device fingerprinting is that the more privacy-centered
add-ons you install on your browser (e.g. Privacy Badger, Do Not Track Me,
Ghostery to name a few) in a bid to protect the remnants of your privacy, the
easier it becomes to identify you because of the uniqueness of your browser’s
configuration."

ROFLMAO. It's so brilliantly stupid that it cannot be refuted by logical means.
That whole article is an accurate example of human intelligence after decades
of inadvertent lead exposure. Nice.

-Ben