Discussions regarding the technical implementation of device fingerprinting are
perfectly on topic IMO.

The ethical nature of such technology is another subject of debate and is
probably better on plug-talk. Conversations like this can split both ways ;)

My somewhat toxic rant largely revolves around the articles blatant
misunderstanding of how anonymity works. He made a perfectly sane statement
about data collection/aggregatioon and then proceeded to make a completely
contradictory claim.
-Ben