Portland Linux/Unix Group General Meeting Announcement

Who: Russell Senior
What: Report on the (bumpy) PLUG hosting transition
Where: Portland Building, Room 216, 1120 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
(main entrance is on 5th Avenue)
When: Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm)
Why: The pursuit of technology freedom

This month, at Michael Dexter's invitation, Russell (me) has arranged to
try out a venue in the City of Portland's Portland Building downtown. It is
the building with the Portlandia statue over the door.

  https://goo.gl/maps/4vkLkHWRK26SrCPi7

Russell is going to talk about the hosting transition(s) that disrupted the
PLUG community mailing lists during the first three weeks or so of February
and how we've mostly fished ourselves out of the mess. And it's also a
chance to check out this public venue, see what it's like and assess its
viability going forward. There will be a discussion of that as well.

We have reserved the meeting room from 6:30-9:00 pm. The meeting will get
started at 7pm. Russell is both host and speaker this month. There were
some feelers out for other speakers, but for various reasons they haven't
panned out.

Rules and Requests:

Please bring and properly fit a mask unless actively presenting

PLUG is open to everyone and does not tolerate abusive behavior on its
mailing lists or at its meetings

Calagator Page:
http://calagator.org/events/1250480314

Google Maps Link: