Does anyone even write Linux viruses anymore?

I thought the days of the Morris Internet Worm were long gone.

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: PLUG <plug-boun...@lists.pdxlinux.org> On Behalf Of mo
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2024 3:05 PM
To: plug@lists.pdxlinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] virus check methods

1 of my vendors had their email compromised recently.  the attacker then sent
out emails with docs to sign for renewals via ms office/outlook links.  we were
up for renewal at the same time, so I & my team all clicked on it.  ugh!  damn!

we all use linux (siduction = debian testing).  what do you recommend I should
do to make sure none of us are compromised, have trojans, etc?  I can ssh into
their boxes & sudo to enter any commands, install any software, etc. We have
never had someone succeed like this so I'm not sure what to do.  all of our
stuff is saved in gdrive/cloud/etc so we don't care about losing anything on
the systems, but we do financial transactions, bank access, etc, so I need to
make sure we are not compromised.  I prefer not to reinstall the systems if
possible.

I won't share the links the vendor emailed us; I don't want any of you
accidentally clicking them!

thank you in advance!