Note that when Office 365 is first installed on a PC it creates a directory for
itself in Program Files.

A remote attacker who gets non-admin access to a PC can read the creation date
of that directory to see when it was installed.

For example on my laptop in Add Remove programs it shows MS Office Pro 2016
install date of 1/13/2024 - which is the last date that a patch
Was installed.

But, c:\program files\microsoft office 15  folder date is 8/23 which was the
actual install date.

The attacker can theorize that office 365 was installed when it was bought -
and since Microsoft does yearly billing on the anniversary of purchase -
there's a good chance your billing anniversary is around the date of first
install.  So they can customize phishing for this.

Another way is of course guessing a password then using it to access your email

Since so many people are running Office 365 with email in the cloud if they get
your email password they can access your emailbox and search for past billings
from Microsoft.  Good places to look are Deleted Items since a lot of people
don't empty theirs

This is why Microsoft made Multifactor Authentication on by default for new 365
setups a rew years ago and they buried the configuration switch to turn it off
deep into the Azure control panel so you have to be really persistent to dig it
out and turn it off

But 365 resellers like GoDaddy who "stupid-down" the Azure interface all
prominently put MFA on/off in their stupid-downed control panels and guess what
the most commonly requested thing to turn off in 365 is?

Keep in mind since you are using 365 Microsoft does allow people to shoot
themselves in the foot with security.

I would bet your attacker discovered your 365 subscription anniversary date
months ago from some leakage and had it all planned.

Ted