On 01/06/2018 08:51 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:
A few ideas off the top of my head...

* Maybe you could use rdesktop (or some equivalent) to gain access
to his computer and show him how to work on it? I did this years ago
on older Windows machines from Linux, not sure if you can do it today
with newer windows. Google will help you with this.

I'd be uncomfortable having him install software that I'm unfamiliar with.

* Set up a virtual machine on your Linux box and install Windows 10.
Then you and he will have a common vocabulary. The rdesktop idea
should also  work in this setup.

That has possibilities. A VM has been suggested for an unrelated series of projects. I like to experiment with install/configuration options (primary machine has 5 installs of Debian with a sixth being seriously considered)

* Just go see him, forget the computers, and drink some beer....;)

Mobility issues make traveling that distance difficult. Also his house is not handicapped accessible.

Thanks all.