So much for installing a dual boot Mint 18.3 I was about to perform.  At
work I use FC28 with KDE, mainly for bleeding edge, and for libre'ness.  At
home I want something that has better media support.  I'm not a fan of
Gnome, and I've been unable to comprehend Unity (haven't tried that hard
TBH).  Maybe this needs to go into a new thread....