On Fri, 3 Aug 2018, Dick Steffens wrote:

Data fiber, however, is glass fiber, and glass doesn't bend that well when
pinched. :-)

  Continuing along this thread, when the Frontier installer (evantually)
arrived here he found a kink in the fiber cable from the large juction box
across the street to the small box between me and my neighbot so he had to
replace that cable first. The cables come in fixed lengths with connectors
pre-installed so excess length needs to be coiled at either (or both) ends.

  My office is on the opposite side of the house from where the cable
crosses the street and he offered to bury it in a trench to the back yard,
across it, then down the other side of the house. I suggested running it up
the front corner (behind the siding), across the roof overhang, and down the
corner on the other side. This is what we did (with me holding cable along
the way), and it is visible only when you look up under the front of the
roof. There's a small coil tucked neatly behind a downspout on the access
end.

  Like John's experience with Century Link, mine with Frontier's installer
is that they are very knowledgeable and helpful. The back office not so
much.