On Wed, 5 Sep 2018, Louis Kowolowski wrote:

I believe that you can run the renew frequently and it won't actually renew until the time is right. Something like daily/weekly cron.

Also, you want to make sure that when you renew, that it triggers a reload for your web server. Otherwise the new cert won't be picked up and you'll be frustrated.

Yep, I created /etc/cron.d/certbot per the certbot site recommendations:

41  4,16 * * * root /bin/certbot renew

I also created /etc/letsencrypt/renewal-hooks/post/apache-restart:

#!/usr/bin/bash
/usr/bin/systemctl restart httpd.service >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com