On Sep 6, 2018, at 11:02 AM, Paul Heinlein <heinl...@madboa.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2018, Louis Kowolowski wrote:
>
>> I believe that you can run the renew frequently and it won't actually renew
>> until the time is right. Something like daily/weekly cron.
>>
>> Also, you want to make sure that when you renew, that it triggers a reload
>> for your web server. Otherwise the new cert won't be picked up and you'll be
>> frustrated.
>
> Yep, I created /etc/cron.d/certbot per the certbot site recommendations:
>
> 41  4,16 * * * root /bin/certbot renew
>
> I also created /etc/letsencrypt/renewal-hooks/post/apache-restart:
>
> #!/usr/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/systemctl restart httpd.service >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

I"m not familiar with apache any more (haven't really used it in probably a
decade). If loading in the new cert can be done with a 'reload' instead of a
'restart' you won't have to take the outage. You may not care, and thats fine.
Just a thought.

--
Louis Kowolowski                                lou...@cryptomonkeys.org
Cryptomonkeys:                                   http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/

Making life more interesting for people since 1977