On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 4:37 PM Michael Barnes <barnmich...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 8:55 PM Michael Barnes <barnmich...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 6:49 PM Russell Senior <russ...@personaltelco.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> FreeGeek thrift store can get you a working box with decent desktop specs
>>> for on the order of $100-$200.
>>>

>> Well, based on the limited number of options provided  :-)  I guess I'll
>> be headed to Free Geek on Saturday.
>>
>> Thanks, everybody.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Made it to Free Geek this morning. Great folks. Fixed me up with a nice
> machine at a reasonable price. Even got me something I can use my existing
> monitors with. Copied files from the old hard drive with little problem.
> Back in business.
>
> Thanks everybody for your help.
>
> Michael

New computer is working great. However, I did a quick Internet search on it
and was surprised to find a bunch of places selling the same computer,
refurbished, for around $150  while Free Geek charged me $240. I know they
need to run the operation and provide support, etc. and there is the
convenience of getting a machine right away, but $240 for a machine with a
street price of $150 seems a bit steep.
Still happy to have the box, just curious on the "deal".

Michael