On 3/3/19 5:43 PM, King Beowulf wrote:
I sent off-list a screenshot of my Settings -> Session and Startup ->
Application autostart (tab).  Uncheck anything that says "GNOME-keyring"

My list doesn't have anything with GNOME-keyring in it.

Next delete
$HOME/.local/share/keyrings/
$HOME/.googleearth/
$HOME/.config/Google/

and reboot.

All deleted.

That should reset the gnome-keyring-daemon and Google earth
back to defaults.

GE started up the same way as before, except on the other monitor, and with the check to skip the hints window. I told it I didn't want to see the hints, but it never went further. I shut down GE. I was again prompted to choose a new keyring password, which I provided. I started it up again and got the same problem, except I was not prompted for a new keyring password.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens