I would try removing gnome-keyring, and leave the libgnome-keyring
package alone. That annoying prompt is an executable program, and a
daemon process that likes to autostart itself. Removing that will
probably avoid breaking anything that relies on the infrastructure.

The program can't run if the program doesn't exist... And you can
always add it back. Worst case scenario is that something doesn't run,
it won't actually break or corrupt anything to not have it.