For each login session (it works as env), you need to ’ssh-add’. You can test
this with ’ssh-add -l’ and if you see keys, then you’re OK on the local host.
If you reboot, you’ll have to re-ssh-add.

> On Jul 19, 2019, at 6:21 PM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Paul Heinlein wrote:
>
>> Your local ssh-agent should do the trick. Going out on a limb, I'm going to
>> suggest that the fix should be easy.
>
> Paul,
>
> I thoght ssh-agent was the tool.
>
> And, I had used it with ssh locally without the pass phrase, but not before
> with scp.
>
>> On source, run
>> ssh-add -l
>
> Ah, after crashing and rebooting it lost the keys.
>
>> If you don't see a key listed, run
>> ssh-add
>
> Will do.
>
>> I suggest running "chmod -R go-rwx ~/.ssh" on both hosts to ensure the
>> strict file permissions SSH demands.
>
> All .ssh/ files have 644 perms except for the private key which is 640.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Louis Kowolowski                                lou...@cryptomonkeys.org
<mailto:lou...@cryptomonkeys.org>
Cryptomonkeys:                                   http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/
<http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/>

Making life more interesting for people since 1977