On Wed, 7 Aug 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

I've run jpilot (the Palm PIM desktop) since the Palm Pilot Personal came out. It has built and run on Slackware since 8.0 on my 32-bit desktops and portables. It also builds and runs on my 64-bit laptops. But, when I try to load it on the new 64-bit desktop it segfaults.

It works for the developer on a vm running a patched Slackware-14.2 and my new desktop runs a fresh installation, fully patched, of the same distribution. Why it will not load here is a mystery needing to be solved because I use jpilot (and the handheld Palm TX) every day for both business and personal needs.

If you run "ldd /path/to/jpilot" on the machine where it segfaults and on a machine where it runs successfully, do you see any meaningful differences?

If you run "strace -ff -o /tmp/jpilot.trace /path/to/jpilot" does anything obvious stick out (probably near the end of the trace file)?

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com