On Wed, 7 Aug 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019, Paul Heinlein wrote:

 If you run "ldd /path/to/jpilot" on the machine where it segfaults and on
 a machine where it runs successfully, do you see any meaningful
 differences?

Paul,

Meaningful? But one difference. The last line of the sorted 32-bit (salmo)
list is linux-gate.so.1 (0xb7753000) while the last line of the 64-bit
(baetis) list is linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff46b1b000). Scanning the 65
preceeding lines I see no differences.

linux-gate.so and linux-vdso.so are functionally identical, so that's not an issue.

 If you run "strace -ff -o /tmp/jpilot.trace /path/to/jpilot" does anything
 obvious stick out (probably near the end of the trace file)?

Nothing obvious to me; can send the 10K output off the mail list.

I've got a busy schedule for the next few hours, but if you send me a trace of a successful launch (basically, just launch jpilot then close it right away) and an unsuccessful one, I'll see if anything jumps out at me.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com