Tomas,
THANK YOU!! I was trying to figure that out. The server is headless but I
can put two PCI cards (short cards)
in two PCI slots, as I figure it still needs to process the video for
storage to the db and also when it is sent to
a browser or app which has linked to the server. It seemed like most of the
info was someone wanting to view
the video on the server even though they still needed to use a browser to
do so. But I was not clear if the server
could use the additional video cards or not. Now I am going to find a pair
of them. I already found the command
to check the HW accell. but did not invoke it, as it is I do not think it
will make much difference right now as there
is only the VGA output from the Proliant, and that is slow.

for some reason it would not take the install of Ubuntu server, not even
Ubuntu desktop, but Mate it did take,
now I just need to go in and remove all of the stuff I do not need to use,
and probably make it boot to a console
rather than a desktop.