On 10/7/19 7:28 AM, Johnathan Mantey wrote:
I'm guessing the Prolific chip in the converter is a knock off, and has
been intentionally disabled by the latest Windoze versions.  FTDI and
Prolific both have a problem with counterfeit devices.  The solution they
applied was to make their drivers refuse to work with counterfeit HW.  I've
found Linux to be more forgiving.

Based on my experience with a USB to TTL serial converter, I'd be hesitant to use anything with a counterfeit chip. Of course, some knockoff designs may be better than others.

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RDH054R4VD4S6/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0153718YQ>

galen
--
Galen Seitz