I can test the cable since there are some serial devices floating around my
office. :)

Or... if you are worried about counterfeit devices, just buy our serial
cable!

usb 1-3: new full-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=0403, idProduct=6001, bcdDevice=
6.00
usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-3: Product: FT232R USB UART
usb 1-3: Manufacturer: FTDI
usb 1-3: SerialNumber: AK06RJ0K
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
ftdi_sio 1-3:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
usb 1-3: Detected FT232RL
usb 1-3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

-Ben