On Sun, 2019-12-01 at 16:10 -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 15:36:47 -0500
> Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.li...@gmail.com> dijo:
>
> > How do you know that mount does not follow fstab order?
>
> If it did /dev/sda1 would be / and /dev/sda2 would be /home. Instead
> they are sdc1 and sdc2.

This is not true - I already mentioned that before - the letters in sda-sdz have
nothing to do with fstab or systemd. They are determined by BIOS which follows
the sata controller and port order.

You can test/verify this by opening your PC and swapping the actual drives.

Grub2 can change the disk order, like in this example:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/252936/grub2-boot-to-a-second-another-h
ard-disk

That being said - you new/future computer might force UEFI secure boot on you at
which point - UEFI would be your boot loader, not Grub2.

Hope it helps,
Tomas