I have a system running a Ryzen7 processor. Works as expected with no
issues.

My x370 motherboard is not all that different from yours. The changes from
x370 -> x470 were not huge. I'm not seeing this as a hardware problem, but
if you really need to verify the hardware possibilities before moving on to
other troubleshooting steps, you'll have to find someone with the exact
same hardware configuration.