You can absolutely change the password using the web interface without
running the setup wizard.

You can also add new user, then make that user admin and disable the
default user.

Cannot remember the exact web menu, but it is definitely there. If you
wish, you could also ssh in and run passwd.

Hope it helps,
Tomas