On Jan 9, 2020, at 6:42 PM, Mike C. <mconno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess this is going to take more research on my part. All I do with
> Google drive is store files there that I might want to send or reference
> from any computer or my phone.
>
> IMHO, this shouldn't require a CRM app. such as a dejaoffice or spin up my
> own virtual web server just so I can remotely access a few files now and
> then.
>
> This is how and why Google wins in this instance. *Sigh*

You might look at something like SyncThing (https://syncthing.net
<https://syncthing.net/>). I’ve been pretty happy with it. It replicates files.
Nice and simple. Supported on many platforms, although there can be issues with
mobile. Also does a nice job of working behind firewalls and NAT (although I’ve
seen some issues with double-NAT).

Its also available as a plugin for FreeNAS.

--
Louis Kowolowski                                lou...@cryptomonkeys.org
<mailto:lou...@cryptomonkeys.org>

Making life more interesting for people since 1977