I am not discrete graphics card expert - the last time I was helping a friend
with similar Nvidia card problem - I did not know what to do, so I booted from
live Ubuntu/Knoppix - one of them worked great - so, I checked the
installed/used driver and replicated it in his setup.

If you chose to try that, and if that works - you should be able to figure out
the driver using lsmod and dmesg - and check installed packages and repositories
in aptitude.

That is my poor man's way of skinning this cat. If I could get my dream come
through graphics card - it would be $50 or less Aspeed openBMC accessible over
NIC.

Tomas