On 1/24/20 3:55 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 13:25:20 -0800
Dick Steffens <d...@dicksteffens.com> dijo:

I'm using v6.0. If I remove the old one, I'll need to import my two
virtual machines again, right?
I have done this, and it couldn't be simpler. There is a folder in
your home directory ~/.VirtualBox. Each of your installations has just
about everything it needs contained in a large .vdi file. But there are
also logs and a few other things elsewhere in the ~/.VirualBox folder,
so it's easier just to copy the entire folder to somewhere else, then
rename the ~/VirtualBox folder, do whatever uninstall/install/reinstall
stuff you want, then copy the ~/.VirtualBox folder back. When you
launch your new VirtualBox, there will be your machines, ready to
launch.

Success. I downloaded virtualbox-6.1_6.1.2-135662~Ubuntu~bionic_amd64.deb and Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.2.vbox-extpack and installed them. Virtual box came up and ran both of my virtual machines.

Thanks, John, for the assurance that the virtual machines would still be there, and thanks, Tomas, for recommending I upgrade to v6.1.

I applied this procedure to both ENU-2, my desktop machine, and to my Lenovo X200 tablet (they call it a tablet, but it's a laptop).

Now, back to figuring out how to fix the nVidia problem on ENU-2.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens