Theory: you have a cron job running at :29 and :59. It's doing some sort of
activity that generates RFI. The old speakers, or perhaps the wires to the
speakers, act as antennae and pick up the signal. You never noticed it
before because traffic noise was always louder. Now that everyone is
staying home, there's no traffic noise. So now you hear it.

--Seth