On 3/25/20 8:43 PM, Michael Barnes wrote:
-- clip --

Source of problem discovered. Still working on why. My APRS base station
beacons every 30 minutes. For some reason, I recently started getting some
RFI into  things, this speaker being one of them. Just happened to be
looking at the APRS screen when it transmitted and heard the buzz at the
same time.  Now to figure out and solve why the RFI is only recently
getting into things.

I have limited little knowledge about APRS and my HT is analog so, along with being green, I don't have much to offer here.

The questions that spring to mind are:

* has an antenna been added, removed, or relocated recently?
* has the power source for the speaker or base station changed?
* proper grounding on the base station?
* what happens if you hit TX on your base station for voice?

A ferrite choke may be all that is needed, but I'm not sure where it would need to be positioned.

dafr