On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:17 AM Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Mar 2020, Michael Barnes wrote:
>
> > I like FreeConferenceCall.com. Easy to use, unlimited meeting time, up to
> > 1,000 attendees. FREE.
>
> Michael,
>
> Have you any ideas how FreeConferenceCall compares with Zoom? The latter
> says it supports both video and conference connections, the former only the
> latter type. My web search this morning suggests the differences between
> the
> two types are so subtle that they don't matter for most of us.
>
> I tried creating a Zoom account but the confirmation page would not let me
> complete the login using both firefox and opera. I'm waiting for a response
> to the message I sent.
>
> Rich

Here's a comparison:
https://www.freeconferencecall.com/blog/webex-zoom-startmeeting-comparison/

FCC supports video and desktop sharing. Users can connect via computer or
telephone. FCC allows 1,000 users, Zoom allows 100. FCC sessions are time
unlimited, Zoom ends after 40 minutes. Zoom is $14.95 per host, FCC has
unlimited free hosts.

I know everybody is enamored over Zoom. Feel free to use what ever you
want. Personally, I prefer FCC, because I'm a cheap bugger and I don't like
paying for stuff. That's why I use Linux and LibreOffice.

Of course, as always, YMMV (unless you are on Dagobah, then VYMM)

Michael