On 6/4/20 4:36 PM, Mike C. wrote:
I know I shouldn't dare to challenge the almighty Linux GOD as he will
likely unleash his wrath on me as he's been prone to do with  other PLUG
members in the past and recently with his vitriolic rant of Ubuntu.

IMHO, I've found the 1st steps in troubleshooting hardware problems are:

1. Software detection of the hardware. Firstly at the OS layer and then
secondly at the application layer.

1A. The correct driver is installed.

1B. If there are multiple devices such as speakers, microphones, printers,
etc checking which device is selected and/or set to the default.

But the real step #1 is correctly identifying the problem. Rich's thread
started with a video con call test that resulted in only hearing audio
through the left channel and then went from there to webcam mic vs headset
mic detection in pulseaudio, web browsers, Jitsi and screen sharing in
Jitsi. Did I miss any other problems???

This is a community forum. Everyone has an opinion and also everyone has an
opportunity to participate, learn and get things wrong along the way.

And quite honestly, a big part of troubleshooting is being able to separate
the wheat from the chaff that one is going to find when soliciting help on
the Internet or even from a technical support person.

Ubuntu good. Slackware baaaad. I think I get it now. What kind of MONSTER would say something negative about Ubuntu ?!

#MYOPINIONMATTERS  #SARCASM

In case you didn't notice, there's a certain Red Hat employee who made an ass of himself several years back. Was he punished? Nah, his software was praised as this huge innovation and adopted by several major distros. Nobody seemed to care when he accused linux devs of attempted murder. He went on this epic rant attacking everyone in the open source community and was praised as some sort of GOD.

You hold a double standard, belittling me while letting others engage in discrimination and social exclusion. I see your emotions, and I swat them away with my glorious facts!

-Ben