Chee... I remember the fires back 4 years ago when I was
servicing ozone equipment. I had to make a run out to
Burley ID to work on a machine in a potato chip factory.
Had to take about a 7 hour side trip to get around that
big fire or fires that were along I 84. That was pretty bad
but this is really bad. It must really be dry out there. I was
there back from the 1st to the 4th of July doing some work
in downtown Portland (sad sad sad such a beautiful city
wrecked by that bunch) so the winds of the Sahel must
have descended on the west to dry it out that bad.

I drove up to Longview and Kalama to take care of some
things from the past and visit some folks, All looked nice
and watered at that time so it must have really turned DRY.

I used to go down to Medford to service equipment at
Harry and David facilities. In fact I was down there the day
They opened the In-N-Out in Medford.  I recall having to
run down to a parts place in Phoenix for a part, I drove
through Talent several times.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 10:03 AM Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2020, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> > More seriously it looks pretty bad in some places, I guess some towns in
> > Southern OR have gone up in flames.
>
> Talent and Phoenix in southern Oregon have been destroyed. Mill City mostly
> destroyed. Santiam Canyon pretty well totally burned, including the city of
> Detroit. All Clackamas County under evacuation levels: the eastern half is
> level 3 ("Get out now") the western half under level 2 ("Prepare to
> leave"),
> including Canby and Oregon City. Portland's declared a fire emergency
> because the southern areas are threatende. To the east, Sandy and Corbett
> have been told to get ready to go.
>
> Smoke's so thick I can barely see the houses about 100m across our
> neighborhood park from my back yard.
>
> When the rains come (which might be mid-next week) the erosion and flooding
> will exacerbate the misery and costs.
>
> Drought, pandemic, federal administration, economic collapse, and now
> record
> wildland fires. A year to remember and there's still 1/3rd to go.
>
> Rich

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Ph 4:13 KJV
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece.
Fil 4:13 RVR1960