Well, I can get the two switches talking and get over that initial
hump, I can work here at home and resolve the issue testing
things here without the worry of having those two switches in
a half state. Thank you for the help and guidance. I will try all
of the above.

I still need to figure out how to get to a CLI in that unit. I see
references to it but still have had no luck, all I see is a SSH
client in the switch, my concept is the client in this case is the
connecting device connects to the server end and gets the
prompt from it. I have tried to set it up but when I do so and
try to ssh into the device I get a reject. So there are two items
left to whack out, big one is working at least on my home net
work.

Big thank you, and to all of you out west hope the rains arrive
soon, though that may be another curse if it comes down too
hard.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 7:10 PM Mike C. <mconno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 2:26 PM Chuck Hast <wch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I got it going, I had to disable STP on the B switch side. I have a
> > SG300 (switch A) here at home, and I also have a SG200 (switch
> > B). I have the 300 setup with port 28 (it is a 28 port switch) as the
> trunk
> > for
> > VLAN 20. Did same thing for port 52 on the SG200 (SW B) and the
> > usual no joy, it appeared that I had met all of the requirements that
> > you had listed but the stinking Spanning Tree on Switch B was
> > discarding, I went in and disabled it and  now it all talks. That will
> get
> > me going until I figure out how to re-enable STP on that port and make
> > it forward.
> >

> You can try either setting the trunk ports on both sides to enable edge
> port to use fast-link so the ports automatically forward when physical link
> is established.
>

> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-200-series-smart-switches/smb81-setup-spanning-tree-protocol-stp-on-a-interface-on-the-200-3.html
>
> Also, check and try different global spanning tree configurations.
>
> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-200-series-smart-switches/smb3209-configure-spanning-tree-protocol-stp-status-and-global-setti.html
>
> I wish I could give you better advice regarding Spanning Tree but I despise
> it and I think it's the bane of networking. I never trusted it and it often
> found it caused more problems.

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Ph 4:13 KJV
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece.
Fil 4:13 RVR1960