On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 20:59:38 -0700
John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> dijo:

>I'm going to use snap to uninstall it, and then follow the instructions
>from the link.

Well, that didn't work well. I followed the instructions for Ubuntu,
which boiled down to just three commands:

sudo apt install pyqt5-dev-tools qttools5-dev-tools python3-pip
ln
-s /usr/share/qtchooser/qt5-x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qtchooser/default.conf
sudo pip3 install lxml

The first two executed fine except the link command, which worked OK
after I prefaced it with sudo:

$ ln
-s /usr/share/qtchooser/qt5-x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qtchooser/default.conf
ln: failed to create symbolic link
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qtchooser/default.conf': Permission denied

$ sudo ln
-s /usr/share/qtchooser/qt5-x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qtchooser/default.conf

$ sudo pip3 install lxml
The directory '/home/jjj/.cache/pip/http' or its parent directory is
not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please
check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip
with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag. The directory
'/home/jjj/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned by the
current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the
permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo,
you may want sudo's -H flag. Requirement already satisfied: lxml
in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

Ignoring the errors above, I looked for a menu launch item and, not
finding one, I just typed 'meteo' at the command line to launch it.
This gave me "Command 'meteo' not found, but can be installed with:
sudo snap install meteo."

So some of the errors above resulted in its not being installed. I am
especially perplexed by the errors on the last command, 'sudo pip3
install lxml.' The last line says it was already installed anyway. WTH?