On Wed, 27 Jan 2021, Michael Barnes wrote:

I'm kind of surprised as security conscious as this group is, that anyone
would use Zoom. Especially when there are so many better platforms (Free
Conference Call, Ring Central, etc.) available.

Michael,

When a group sets up a meeting I think it's obligitory that they use Zoom
because a) they know about it, b) _everyone_ uses Zoom, and c) they're not
especially technically sharp but they know a few platforms.

Interesting that you mention Ring Central. This same organization for whom
I'll be presenting used Ring Central for one of their big conferences. I was
not able to fully join using my Slackware desktop with either firefox or
chromium. I ended up driving to their office in Wilsonville and used one of
their Windose laptops.

I just connected to zoom test using my mpow headset and Logitech C925e webcam.
Because it's reached using a web browser I had to direct it to
/usr/bin/zoom-linux where it opened that window over the firefox page. I saw
myself on screen and heard my voice in the headphones.

So now I know that this combination works.

Regards,