This is a stab based on systems I've used where the video doesn't show. Add
the following to your kernel boot command line:

nomodeset

This causes the system to use the BIOS video until the X11 system starts.
It's supposed to be a temporary solution, as I believe there may be
security implications to continued use. The need for this appeared
somewhere around the RHEL 7 time frame if I recall correctly.