On 5/6/21 10:15 PM, Ben Koenig wrote:

It looks like this board might be too old for USB booting. I pulled up the manual and its running a stone age AMI BIOS that doesn't even have a "boot options" section. That explains why he is using plop too.

Chances are the bootloader on the usb stick is messed up. Easy to do these days since the MBR of the stick isn't used for EFI booting so you might not even notice that it's messed up on modern systems. If you can, just burn a CD/DVD and use that.

Maybe that will work for my machine, too. I'll have to give it a try. I've got a stack of burnable DVDs I haven't used in a long time. Maybe tomorrow.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens