I also have CenturyLink.  However, I haven't hosted a box in my house in
years ( well over a decade ).  I went from static IP on the server(s) in my
basement, to DHCP with dynamic DNS, to static IP at a CoLo, and finally to
VM instances in the cloud.  Cost and convenience were the prime
motivators.  Getting a static IP back in the day went from the norm to a
real hassle and I couldn't justify the cost ( was *way* more than $5/mo
extra, more like 5x ).  I now connect to the cloud with a browser and to
the VMs using SSH from anywhere ( usually on a Chromebook ) and don't have
all that hardware in my house.  And I don't care if I have to change ISPs
in the future.

Just my experience.  YMMV.  Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
- Robert