Folks,
Not sure where to take this but figured that I would get more
info here.

I have a RadioThermostat CT80. I have had it now for several
years. As the summer wound down. I shut down the A/C and
opened the windows in the house. Then in Nov I needed to fire
up the heating, all appeared to be well, but I noticed that the
thermostat clock was 2 hours slow. I set it and a while
later see that it has lost 2 hours again.

I have a home automation system. I checked the logs, and
contacted the author. He has a CT50 which has fewer bells
and whistles than mine but same unit. Anyhow he gave me
some guidance, in the end I shut down the HA system and it
still would drop the 2 hours, I powered the thermostat down
and removed the WiFi radio, powered it back up, it ran about
4 hours (about 3 hours longer) and never dropped the 2 hours.
Normally it will go between 20 minutes and an hour after I
have set it to the correct time, then drop back to the incorrect
time. So this appears to indicated that it is either something
on the network that is doing the time change or something in
the WiFi radio.

I am trying to sniff the network and see if I can catch any
weird packets. But this is one I have not done before.

My router is a Mikrotik 2011, and I have been trying to use
the tools on it to try to monitor the IP address of the thermo-
stat and try to see if it is talking to something else. So far
no joy.

I am wondering about getting wire shark in there and trying
to filter those packets that way as I am not having much luck
with the Mikrotik tools

Any recommendations?
--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.