On Fri, 4 Feb 2022, Chuck Hast wrote:

My grandmother who ran a plumbing shop until she was 87
and was taken by a heart attack, told me that there are two
types of people, those that get old and those that get ripe,
she said to get ripe, not old. She was quite a character up
to the night she passed on.

There's the hardware side of age -- how many trips around the sun have you made? -- and the software side -- do you "act your age"?

The two are obviously linked, limitations imposed by the former cannot always be ignored by the latter, and yet there are choices involved along the whole of the aging process that leave much of "acting your age" up to the individual.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com