On Sat, 19 Feb 2022, Jason Barnett wrote:

Rich, a command that may be helpful is "mount -fav" which will do a dry run
so you can see if it throws any errors before trying to reboot using the new
fstab.

Jason, et al.:

With a clean install of Slackware64-15.0 on my ThinkPad X200 and modifying
/etc/fstab the above command shows me something's wrong.

blkid tells me:
/dev/sda1 /
/dev/sda2 swap
/dev/sda3 /home
and provides the PARTUUID for each.

When I carefully replace the /dev/sdx with the relevant PARTUUID="..." and
run the mount -fav command the results are:
swap ignored
/    ignored
/home already mounted

I've triple checked that the PARTUUIDs are correct so I don't understand the
mount's output.

An explanation is needed.

TIA,