On Thu, 24 Feb 2022, Michael Barnes wrote:

It seems like I have forgotten more than I knew in the first place.

Michael,

Happens to everyone.

Anyhow, I have a small website for a group that is just a simple
hand-coded page and a pdf file for download. I have been asked if it is
possible to add a visitor counter and a download counter (This page has
been visited ## times, This file has been downloaded ## times) to the
page. I don't need any kind of tracking or anything, just a raw count of
page accesses and file downloads.

My coding skills are passing fast, and I'm looking for something really
simple. I did a quick search and everything I see seems to involve
complicated databases and analytics. I want KISS.

Look here:
<https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/websites/website-creation/create-your-own-visitor-counter-how-it-works/>
or
<https://www.javatpoint.com/html-counter>