I think it's time to replace my Dell Latitude E5410 since it's giving me
fits installing Slackware64-15.0. It's run Slackware since about 2010,
upgraded as new releases became available, but now it has major issues with
the new release and a full, clean installation. (My Lenovo ThinkPad X200 has
no issues with 15.0 but is too limited as a portable work station.)

I'm looking at Dell and Lenovo ThinkPads, 13"-14" screens preferred, but I
accept that 15"+ are now the most common. I also want to spend as little as
necessary to get a reliable laptop that will last like the Dell and X200
have.

Recommendations and suggestions solicited.