On Wed, 9 Mar 2022, Ben Koenig wrote:

My understanding is that the partition type is abitrary. The old one
should still be the same but the human readable terms keep changing over
time.

Ben,

More file system types were offered than were when I installed
Slackware64-15.0 on the ThinkPad X200 with the legacy BIOS.

The only ones that actually matter might be swap and EFI since root is
selected manually by it's drive letter/number.

Ben,

Apparently that's not the case. There are types Linux Root (x86_32), Linux
Root (x86_64), and a couple of more, plus the more familiar Linux
Filesystem, Linux Swap, and Boot EFI.

First, I selected Boot EFI for /dev/sda1, Linux Swap for /dev/sda2,  Linux
Root (x86_64) for /dev/sda3 and linux filesystem for dev/sda4. When the
Slackware installer presented partitions only /dev/sda4 was displayed and
the mount point was /; no option to format it and set the mount point. So
I've no idea where /dev/sda3 was mounted.

Second, I changed the filesystem type of /dev/sda3 to Linux Filesystem and I
formatted with ext4 with mount point /, and /dev/sda4 formatted with ext4
and mounted on /home.

To be continued.

Regards,