Hi,

For a project I'm working on we have a need for a switch with PoE+ that will power the ports quickly, say less than 15 seconds after power up. The switch that is currently specified is a Cisco cbs250-16P-2g. This switch takes at least a minute, if not more, to enable power to the ports. With a bit of searching I discovered that some Cisco switches have a pair of features called Perpetual PoE and Fast Boot PoE. We don't have a need for Perpetual PoE, but Fast Boot PoE seems to fit our needs. Some other vendors have a similar sounding feature. So far I have only seen this offered on higher end switches(Cisco, Juniper, etc.). Does anyone know of any switches that are more in the SOHO class that have this type of feature?

Note that we need some management features available via telnet, so this precludes using an unmanaged switch.

thanks,
galen
--
Galen Seitz